Grilled Moroccan Chicken
Grilled Moroccan Chicken has become one of my go-to chicken recipes! It’s bursting with so many bright, aromatic flavors and it’s one of the tastiest chicken recipes you’ll have ever tried! Just be sure to allow enough time to marinade so chicken can really soak up that flavor.
Flavorful Moroccan Chicken
If you eat as much chicken (especially grilled chicken) as we do at my house, then you want all the grilled chicken breast recipes you can get your hands on, right? This Grilled Moroccan Chicken is one of my new favorite chicken recipes!
It is marinated for hours in a bright yet earthy marinade, and I love those sweet notes from the cinnamon and ginger. I’m thinking this one is so good you’ll likely add it to your dinner rotation!
The great thing about this easy grilled chicken is that you can put it in the marinade before you head to work in the morning, then when you get home from work it will be ready to throw on the grill.
So check mark delicious flavor, easy prep, perfectly convenient for weeknights, it’s a healthy choice, and it’s family approved. All around dinner win! Try it soon!
Moroccan Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh ginger
- Spice (cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric)
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Moroccan Chicken
- Pound chicken until even, place in a large resealable bag.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon, garlic and spices. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Marinade in refrigerator 2 – 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
How Long to Grill Chicken
Chicken breast grill times can vary depending on how thinly you pound the meat, but if you flatten them well you’ll only need to grill the chicken for around 4 minutes on each side (if grilling over medium-high heat).
To tell when the grilled chicken is cooked, pierce it with a fork to see if the juices run clear. You can also slice the thickest part of the chicken breast open to check if it’s still pink in the middle (although that lets some of the juices escape, so avoid doing this if possible).
Can I Make This Chicken Without a Grill?
Yes, you can also make Moroccan chicken on the stove using a grill pan. Or you can bake the chicken breasts.
What to Serve With Moroccan Chicken
I served this with Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Vegetables and there couldn’t be a better combo! It made for such a fresh meal with so many exciting flavors — it was so good in fact that even my kids loved it.
Tips for the Best Grilled Chicken
- Chicken thighs can also be used in this recipe. Just increase the grill time to around 6 minutes per side.
- Don’t shorten the marinating time — the marinade gives the chicken lots of flavor!
- Use fresh lemon juice and fresh ginger for the best flavor.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Greek Lemon Chicken
- Tandoori Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Chicken and Avocado Street Tacos
- Grilled Chicken and Quinoa Burrito Bowls
FOLLOW COOKING CLASSY